Montana 2020 Census: Make it Count
- Counting everyone in Montana is critical because it determines the state’s share of federal funding over the next decade, it shapes local voting districts, and it determines whether Montana will get another representative in Congress.
- Montana receives an estimated $2 billion in federal funds each year based on Census data.
- For every Montana resident counted, a Census study estimates the state will receive $20,000 over the decade for things like schools, healthcare and highways.
- Missing only one resident means that a community misses $20,000 of its fair share.
- Communities rely on Census data to plan for the future.
- The Census shapes our voting districts – including for local school boards and the Legislature.
- The Census will determine whether Montana gains back a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. Montana is on the cusp of getting a second House seat.
- Don’t wait, fill out your Census today at my2020census.gov or by calling 1-844-330-2020
- Responding to the Census once every decade matters today and for the future. Make it count, Montana!
GET THE MONTANA FILM OFFICE APP!
The ultimate film guide in the palm of your hand. Browse & map locations by image, contact crew, rent equipment.
GET THE APP