And because it’s Montana, you also get…
- No Sales Tax: So your dollars go farther.
- No Minimum Spend: Montana welcomes all productions.
- Accommodations Tax Exemption: Companies staying at the same hotel/motel for 30+ days are exempt from the 7% bed tax.
- Licensing Exemptions: Out-of-state commercial vehicles and production-exclusive equipment are exempt from licensing requirements for 180 consecutive days (MCA 61-3-302).
- Experienced Crew: Impressive feature and commercial experience that’s deep and work statewide.
- Free Location Photos: We provide location photography, inside information, and assistance in finding and securing locations.
- Free Traffic Signage: For productions on and near roadways, we offer high-visibility signs of varying kinds.
- Free Location Breakdown: We’ll help breakdown your script, find the perfect spot, and hook you up with the crew and contacts.
- Experienced Film Office: Staff that’s your partner through every phase of production.
- Golden Hour Is Three Hours Long: You can get more done in less time with more production value than anywhere else.
- Go Fishing Between Takes: We have some of the world’s best waters; although we can’t guarantee you’ll catch anything.
- The Country’s Best Microbrews: Granted that’s a pretty bold statement, but after a long, productive day you’ll believe it.
- Location Fees Are Inexpensive: Just remember to close the gate behind you.
- You Can Average Around 70 Miles Per Between Locations: You can shoot urban in the morning and remote in the evening.
- Interns Are Readily Available: More greenhorns than grunts, MSU’s and UM’s acclaimed film schools have plenty of eager volunteers.
- The Scenery: The biggest distraction you’ll have to deal with.
GET THE MONTANA FILM OFFICE APP!
The ultimate film guide in the palm of your hand. Browse & map locations by image, contact crew, rent equipment.
GET THE APP