Montana Film Office’s incentive program
The Montana Big Sky Film Grant has been created to build partnerships with filmmakers and production companies by providing seed funding to enable the creation of jobs related to filmmaking production, enhance the marketing of Montana’s tourism regions, people, history, overall quality of life, and support Montana’s filmmaking community.
The Big Sky Film Grant offers a cash return pending approval and available funds. Click here to learn more and apply.
PLUS, just because it’s Montana, you get…
- No Sales Tax – So your dollars go farther.
- No Minimum Spend – Even low budget productions can receive the incentive.
- Accommodations Tax Exemption – Companies staying at the same hotel/motel for 30+ days are exempt from the 7% bed tax
- Licensing Exemptions- Out-of-state commercial vehicles and production-exclusive equipment are exempt from licensing requirements for 180 consecutive days. (MCA 61-3-302)
- Experienced Crew with impressive feature and commercial experience that’s deep and work statewide.
- Free Office Furniture*– From wardrobe racks to fax machines and printers. Give us a call and let us know what you’ll need.
- Free Location Photos: We provide location photography, inside information and assistance in finding and securing locations.
- Free Traffic Signage**: For productions on and near roadways, we offer high-visibility signs of varying kinds.
- Free Location Breakdown: We’ll help breakdown your script, find the perfect spot and hook you up with the crew and contacts.
- Experienced Film Office that’s your partner through every phase of production.
- Golden Hour Is Three Hours Long – You can get more done in less time with more production value than anywhere else.
- Go Fishing Between Takes- We have some of the world’s best waters; although we can’t guarantee you’ll catch anything.
- The Country’s Best Microbrews- Granted that’s a pretty bold statement, but after a long, productive day you’ll believe it.
- Location Fees Are Inexpensive- Just remember to close the gate behind you.
- You Can Average Around 70 Miles Per Between Locations- So you can shoot urban in the morning and remote in the evening.
- Interns Are Readily Available- More greenhorns than grunts, MSU’s and UM’s acclaimed film schools have plenty of eager volunteers.
- The Scenery Is The Biggest Distraction You’ll Have To Deal With.
*Office furniture available includes:
Chairs, wardrobe rack, folding tables, fax machine, printer, letter trays, desks, file cabinets, bookcase, dry erase and chalk boards, paper trays, binders, stacking trays, etc.
**Traffic signage available includes:
‘Men Working Ahead’, ‘Slow’, and ‘Prepare to Stop’ orange signs with weighted stands, road cones, 40 lb. sand grip bags